The benefits of Thermofan cooking:
Thermofan ovens, were developed and registered by DEFY in 1978, use the principle of forced convection within the oven cavity. This offers a variety of benefits.
- A number of baking trays may be used simultaneously, thereby increasing the effective capacity of the oven and reducing overall baking time.
- Different dishes may be prepared at the same time without flavour transferring from one to another.
- The oven door may be opened at any time for inspection purposes without affecting baking performance.
- Chickens may be grilled effectively without the use of a rotisserie.
The airflow in a Thermofan oven allows lowered temperatures to be used. This results in roasts being more succulent and baking having a better texture. At the same time a small saving in electricity consumption is made.
Baking times in a Thermofan oven are the same as for a Conventional oven.
The Thermofan oven can bake up to three times as much as a conventional oven and therefore more moisture may be released than usual. Evidence of condensation may appear around the oven vents. This is normal.
Use of Baking Trays
- Thermofan ovens are supplied with two baking trays.
- Additional trays may be purchased from your nearest Defy Spares Centre.
- The position of the shelves will be determined by the size of the items to be baked.
- Ideally, unused trays and shelves should be left in position to optimise the airflow in the oven.