Log a Service Call – Faulty Product
Before submitting a request for a service we ask that you view the Frequently Asked
Questions related to your product category, where you may find the answer to your question.
If the answer to your question is not listed, feel free to submit a service request and we will
do our best to help.
Log a Service Call – Faulty Product
Find my Model
- All Laundry Dishwashers
- Washer Dryers
- Washers: Front Load
- Washers: Top Load
- Washers: Twin Tub
- All Refrigeration
- Chest Freezers
- Combi (bottom freezer)
- Double Door (top freezer)
- Matching Freezer Larder
- Mini and Bar Fridges
- Side by Side
Facts and Fixes
THE POT DOES NOT GET WARM EVEN OF THE COOKING ZONE IS ON
1. Your pot is not compatible with induction cooking. Check if your cooking pot is compatible with induction hob.
2. The cooking pot is not centered properly or the bottom surface of the pot is not wide enough for the cooking zone. Choose a pot wide enough and center the pot on the cooking zone properly.
SMELL OF LEAKING GAS
1. Are all the controls knobs in the off position? Check to see the knobs are in the off position.
2. The gas pipe is fitted incorrectly. Ensure the gas pipe has been properly fitted.
3. The hose clamps require tightening or replacing. Have hose clamps tightened or replaced.
4. The regulator is faulty and needs to be replaced. Have regulator checked and replaced.
THE FLAME IS YELLOW, POTS AND PANS ARE STAINED
1. The burners are dirty or wet. Clean/dry the burners components.
2. The gas is running out. Replace gas cylinder.
3. The burner caps are not fitted properly. Fit burner caps properly.
4. The gas pipe is twisted, bent or kinked. Ensure the gas pope has been properly fitted.
THE BURNERS WILL NOT LIGHT
1. The gas pipe is twisted, bent or kinked. Ensure the gas pipe has been properly fitted
2. The burners are dirty or wet. Clean/dry the burners components.
3. The gas cylinder is empty. Replace gas cylinder.
4. The burner caps are not fitted correctly. Fit burner caps correctly.
5. The gas pressure regulator is closed. Check to see if the regulator is open.
6. The lighting procedure has not been followed correctly. Follow the correct lighting procedure.
THE TIMER ON GEMINI MAKE A CLICKING NOISE
1. This is normal. Timers do make a clicking noise.
SOLID PLATES ARE RUSTING
1. Clean plates with a nylon brush, wipe off and dry. Apply a thin coating of salt free vegetable oil or hotplate polish available from Defy Service Centres.
SOLID PLATES DO NOT WORK
1. Check there is power to the wall switch.
SELECTED COOKING ZONE SUDDENLY TURNS OFF DURING OPERATION
1. Cooking time for the selected cooking zone may be over. You may set a new cooking time or finish cooking.
2. Overheat protection is active. Allow your hob to cool down.
3. An object may be covering the touch control panel. Remove the object on the panel.
BURNERS DO NOT BURN WELL
1. Burners are dirty. Clean burner components
2. Burners are wet. Dry burner components
3. Burner cap is not mounted safely. Mount the burner cap properly
4. Gas valve is closed. Open gas valve.
5. Gas cylinder is empty (when using LPG). Replace the gas cylinder
NO GAS FLOW IS EVIDENT
1. Open regulator
2. Install hose without bends
PRODUCT DOES NOT OPERATE
1. The mains fuse is defective or had tripped. Check fuses in the fuse box. If necessary, replace or reset them.
2. If the display does not light up when you switch the hob on again. Disconnect the applications at the circuit breaker. Wait 20 seconds and then reconnect.
3. Overheat protection is active. Allow your hob to cool down.
4. The cooking pot is not suitable. Check your pot.
HOB GIVES OFF A STRANGE SMELL WHEN USED FOR THE FIRST TIME
1. The product is new. Use each plate for half an hour with a pan full of water.
THE COOKWARE MAKES A NOISE WHEN COOKING
1. This is caused by energy vibration in the pot or pan. This phenomenon is not unusual and is not detrimental to the hob.
THE DISPLAY CONTINUES TO FLASH AFTER THE POWER LEVEL IS SELECTED
1. The cookware is unsuitable for induction cooking or the diameter is under 120mm. choose compatible cook-ware.
THE HOB DOES NOT WORK AND OTHER MESSAGES ARE DISPLAYED
1. The electronic circuit is faulty. Call your nearest Defy Service centre.
1. Knob clip fallen out.
2. Lock nut loose.
A SERIES OF DASHES APPEARS IN THE DISPLAY
1. The electronics have overheated.
THE HOB HAS STOPPED WORKING AND EMITS A BLEEP EVERY 10 SECONDS
1. Something has overflowed onto or an object is touching the control. Clean the hob or remove the object. There after commence cooking again.
THE GLASS CERAMIC PANEL IS ALWAYS WARM EVEN AFTER THE HOB HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF
1. This is normal as there is a power supply to the electronic.
SOLID PLATES RUSTING
1. Clean plates with nylon brush, wipe off and dry. Apply a thin coating of vegetable oil.
THE INTERNAL COOLING FAN KEEPS GOING FOR A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE HOB HAS BEEN SWITCH OFF
1. This is normal and allows the electronics to cool down.
ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE HOB WORKS
1. The hob is incorrectly connected. Check that the electrician has complied with requirements.
THE FUSE OR TRIP SWITCH BLOWS ON SWITCH ON
1. The hob is incorrectly connected. Check that the electrician has complied with the requirements.
THE DISPLAY LIGHT UP BRIEFLY ON SWITCH ON
1. The hob is working normally.
NO IGNITION SPARK
1. Possible cause is no electrical supply
2. Advice / Remedy to check the supply