Log a Service Call – Faulty Product
Before submitting a request for a service we ask that you view the Frequently Asked
Questions related to your product category, where you may find the answer to your question.
If the answer to your question is not listed, feel free to submit a service request and we will
do our best to help.
Log a Service Call – Faulty Product
Find my Model
- All Laundry Dishwashers
- Washer Dryers
- Washers: Front Load
- Washers: Top Load
- Washers: Twin Tub
- All Refrigeration
- Chest Freezers
- Combi (bottom freezer)
- Double Door (top freezer)
- Matching Freezer Larder
- Mini and Bar Fridges
- Side by Side
Facts and Fixes
LIGHT ON / MOTOR NOT RUNNING
1. Is thermostat adjusted to mid setting?
CAN I POP POPCORN IN MY MICROWAVE OVEN? HOW IS THE BEST RESULTS?
1. Yes. Pop packaged microwave popcorn following manufacture’s guidelines. Do not use regular paper bags. Use the “listening test” by stopping the oven as soon as the popping slows to a “pop” every 1 or 2 seconds. Do not repop unpopped kernels. Do not pop popcorn in glass cookware.
IS IT NORMAL FOR THE TURNTABLE TO TURN IN EITHER DIRECTION?
1. Yes. The turntable rotates clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on the rotation of the motor when the cooking cycle begins.
CAN I OPERATE MY MICROWAVE OVEN WITHOUT THE TURNTABLE OR TURN THE TURNTABLE OVEN TO HOLD A LARGE DISH?
1. No. If you remove or turn over the turntable, you will get poor cooking results. Dishes used in your oven must fit on the turntable.
WILL THE MICROWAVE OVEN BE DAMAGED IF IT OPERATES WHILE EMPTY?
1. Yes. Never run it empty.
WHY DOES MY OVEN NOT ALWAYS COOK AS FAST AS THE MICROWAVE COOKING GUIDE SAY?
1. Check your cooking guide again, to make sure you’ve followed directions exactly and to see what might cause variations in cooking time. Cooking guide times and heat settings are suggestions, to help prevent over – cooking, the most common problem in getting used to microwave oven. Variations in the size, shape and weights and dimensions could require longer cooking time. Use your own judgment along with the cooking guide suggestions to check whether the food has been properly cooked just as you would do with a conventional cooker.
WHY THIS STANDING TIME RECOMMENDED AFTER THE COOKING OPERATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED?
1. Standing time is very important. With microwaves cooking, the heat is in the food, not in the oven. Many foods build up enough internal heat to allow the cooking process to continue, even after the food is removed from the oven. Standing time for joints of meat, large vegetables and cakes is to allow the inside to cook completely, without overcooking the outside.
WHY DO EGGS SOMETIMES POP?
1. When baking or poaching eggs, the yolk may pop due to steam build-up inside the yolk membrane. To prevent this, simply pierce the yolk with a toothpick before cooking. Never cook eggs without piercing their shells.
DOES MICROWAVE ENERGY PASS THROUGH THE VIEWING SCREEN IN THE DOOR?
1. No. The metal screen bounces back the energy oven cavity. The holes are made to allow light to pass through. They do not let microwave energy through.
WHY DO I HAVE MOISTURE IN MY MICROWAVE OVEN AFTER COOKING?
1. The moisture on the side of your microwave oven is normal. It is caused by steam from cooking food hitting the cool oven surface.
CAN I OPEN THE DOOR WHEN THE OVEN IS OPERATING?
1. The door can be opened anytime during the cooking operation. Then microwave energy will be instantly switched off and the time setting will maintain until the door closed.
CAN THE OVEN BE USED WITH THE TRAY RACK REMOVED?
1. No. Both the tray and roller guide must always be used in the oven before cooking.
I ACCIDENTALLY RAN MY MICROWAVE OVEN WITHOUT ANY FOOD IN IT. IS IT DAMAGE?
1. Running the oven empty for a shot time will not damage the oven. However, it is not recommended.
SPARKS OR ARCING
1. Metal utensils being used.
2. Aluminium foil being used.
1. Incorrect time selected.
2. Incorrect power level selected.
COOKING TIMES SEEM TOO LONG
1. Incorrect power level selected.
2. Low mains voltage.
MICROWAVE DOES NOT COME ON
1. Start has not been touched.
2. Incorrect programming of the touch control panel.
OVEN DOES NOT OPERATE
1. Is oven plugged in and switched on?
2. Is the door properly closed?
3. Check home circuit breaker.