Convenience Collection Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Defy “Win the Convenience Collection” Promotion
The name of the Promotion is “Win the Convenience Collection”.
The Promotion commences 15 September 2017 and ends 31 December 2017.
• Any person participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) does so on acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
• Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd (“Defy”), and its subsidiaries are collectively referred to as the “Promoters” in respect of the Promotion for purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
• The Promotion will run from 15 September 2017 until 31 December 2017, after which date the Promotion will automatically lapse and no further entries will be accepted.
• This Promotion is open to all South African residents and persons of the age 18 years or older, except the employees and their immediate families of the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff.
• The Reward is a Convenience Collection to the value of R25,000.
• There are 4 Rewards available, each one containing:
o A Defy Side-by-Side Fridge/Freezer
o A Defy Washer/Dryer
o A Defy Pressure Cooker
• Winners will be randomly drawn from all valid entries made at the end of each month during the competition period (1 Reward awarded per month).
• Rewards are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
• Rewards cannot be exchanged for an alternative Reward and no negotiations will be entered into.
• Successful entrants shall be notified via telephone and/or email. Participants must therefore ensure that the Promoters have their correct, updated details.
• The Promoters reserve the right to replace the offer with one of equal or greater value.
• The first 1000 customers to purchase a Defy Dishwasher during the promotional period will be awarded a years’ worth of Finish.
• Customers must claim their Finish voucher to receive it. If customers make a claim after the 1000 vouchers are given away, they will not be liable to receive one.
• To claim the Finish voucher, customers must:
o Step 1: Go to www.finishpromo.co.za
o Step 2: Upload a picture of their invoice and details
o Step 3: A representative will call to confirm receipt and arrange to courier the voucher
• In order to enter the Promotion, consumers must buy any Defy Dishwasher from a participating store during the promotional period.
• Participants must then dial *120*20202#, and follow the prompts.
• Upon entry, consumers will receive an SMS reminding them to claim their Finish voucher.
• The cost of the USSD line is R0.60 per 60 seconds. Incorrect and/or incomplete entries will be billed.
• No entries by post or any other form will be accepted.
• Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
• One entry per purchase only.
• Entries limited to 1 entry per phone number per month.
• If participants have bought more than 1 Defy Dishwasher during the competition period, and wish to enter more than once, they may phone Cera-Lee on (031) 492 3290 to get their phone number unlocked for further entries. This will only be done upon proof of more than one legitimate purchase.
• The consumer’s entry will be withdrawn if any goods purchased in connection with the Promotion are returned by the consumer before the competition entry data file is extracted for purposes of doing the draw.
Without detracting in any way from the Promotion Rules, the following general provisions shall be applicable to these Rules.
• The Promoters of this Promotion will interpret the Rules in their sole discretion and reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time in accordance with the provisions contained in these Rules.
• By entering and participating in the Promotion, you agree that the Promoters may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this Promotion.
• Entrants’ details may be displayed on the website at www.defy.co.za.
• The Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Promotion.
• In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoters shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by entrants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoters shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights which the Promoters may have in terms of these rules, to immediately disqualify entrants from this Promotion. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any Reward, the entrants, users and/or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoters (including their subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates), their directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors (the “Promoters parties”):
– From and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a Reward, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a Reward -related activity.
• Entrants who, in the Promoters’ sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and shall not be eligible to win any Reward.
• Additional to any other rights contained in the Promotion rules, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion at any time with immediate effect. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide a notice on the website and it shall be the responsibility of entrants to review such website in this respect. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against any of the organiser parties and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the organiser parties.
• The Promoters are not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. Any Reward is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk and the Promoters are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the Reward.
• The duration of this Promotion may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Promoters. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide notice of this on the website.
• The Promotion closes at 23:59 on 31 December 2017.
• The Promoter will not be held liable for any harm or consequential loss as a result of use of the prize.
• If the entrant/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the Reward/s, or if the entrant/s unreasonably refuse/s to sign the entrant/s declaration and voucher acceptance form, the entrant/s will be disqualified and will forfeit the Reward.
• The right of admission into the competition rests solely with the Promoters.
• Entries which contain errors will be considered invalid.
Exclusions and other important terms
• Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
• By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the reward
• These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.