“Defy x Openview Win a Home Superfans Contest” promotion Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Defy and e.tv “Win a Home SuperFans Contest” Promotion
The name of the Promotion is “Win a Home Superfans Contest”.
The Promotion commences 10 February 2020 and ends 10 March 2020.
• Win a Home Super Fans (Competition) will be run by e.tv (Pty) Ltd (the organiser/we/us/our) in partnerships with Defy (Pty) Ltd (Sponsor);
• Each person entering any one of more of the Competitions (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a prize in terms of the Competitions agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions as well as the terms and conditions for the Win a Home Super Fans Grand Prize Competition are binding on him/her.
• Any person participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) does so on acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
• Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd (“Defy”), e.tv (Pty) Ltd, and their subsidiaries are collectively referred to as the “Promoters” in respect of the Promotion for purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
• The Promotion will run from 10 February 2020 – 10 March 2020, after which date the Promotion will automatically lapse and no further Rewards will be awarded.
• This Promotion is open to all South African residents and persons of the age 18 years or older, except the employees and their immediate families of the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff.
• Stand a chance to be part of the selection process for the SuperFan TV Gameshow to win 1 of 2 homes to the value of R2 million each.
• The main prize – Win a Home – is valued at 1,5 million rand, with the addition of any sponsored appliances from Defy or any other sponsors as well as any costs that may occur, will result in the total value of the prize valued at 2 million rand.
• Delivery of the Prize to the winner will occur on such date and at such place as determined by the organiser in its discretion. The organiser is not liable for any costs incurred by a winner in claiming or utilizing the Prize.
• All risk in and ownership to the Prize shall pass to the winner on delivery thereof.
• At the end of the competition and upon delivery of the Prize, all of the organiser’s obligations in regard to the competition as well as in regard to the Prize shall terminate.
• Rewards cannot be exchanged for an alternative Reward, and no negotiations will be entered into.
• The Promoters reserve the right to replace the offer with one of equal or greater value.
• In order to qualify, consumers must buy any Defy appliance and enter via the USSD line.
• Only one claim per purchase is allowed.
Winning a chance to be part of the selection process for the Superfans Gameshow
• Winners must go through the gameshow screening selection process to be selected to be a contestant for the gameshow.
• The selection and casting process shall be at sole discretion or the organisers and in the event of any dispute whatsoever, the decision of the judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Should a person be selected they will need to be available in Johannesburg for the selection, casting and production period
• Each successful and valid entry received up until Tuesday, 10th February is an entry for Win a Home Super Fans Competition. The terms and conditions for the Super Fans Game Show Competition is available at https://www.defy.co.za
• You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
• No automated entries will be allowed and each entry must be made by a natural person manually.
Determination of the Winners
The game will be split into two parts. Each part will have one winner.
• Each part will be split into 4 episodes – 3 qualifiers and a finale. Two contestants will compete in each episode to give three finalists. The final two will then be selected by random draw to compete in the finale.
Episode Set Up
• Contestants will each take turns to pick an Openview channel and answer 5 questions in 30 seconds from that channel or from the Sponsor’s questions. Each correct answer gets a point. This round is repeated again with each contestant.
• In the final round, the contestants get 30 seconds to answer 5 wildcard questions. Each contestant gets a buzzer – whoever buzzes first, answers first. If they answer correctly, they get a point. If they answer incorrectly the question is passed on to the other contestant. If they answer correctly, they get the point.
• The winner of the episode wins a spot prize and a spot on the grand finale draw.
• The finale will start with the draw for the final 2 contestants. Once the final draw has been made, the final two contestants which have been chosen will take the stage.
• They will get asked 8 randomised questions about Openview and the points are tallied to determine the winner.
• The winner/s will be announced during the show finale on air as well as on Openview’s website and all official social media pages.
Without detracting in any way from the Promotion Rules, the following general provisions shall be applicable to these Rules.
• The Winners will be requested to provide copies of their identification documents and/or such other documentation we may deem necessary in our sole discretion to confirm that the Winner is eligible to receive the Prizes herein.
• Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prizes as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prizes or if we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prizes, we reserve the right to declare the Prizes forfeited.
• The organisers reserve the right to modify or amend the terms and conditions as well as to terminate any of the Competitions at any time if it is deemed necessary in its sole and unfettered opinion. In the event of such termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the organizers or the Sponsors, their agents and/or suppliers.
• The organisers’ decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winners, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organisers, the Sponsors, or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the Competition or Prizes awarded herein.
• All entrants to this Competition participate entirely at their own risk. By entering the Competition, you consent to these risks and hereby indemnify and hold harmless the organisers, the Sponsors and all their associated entities, their suppliers, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition or use of the Prize, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
• We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry, to contact you for marketing purposes, as well as to contact you, if you are a Winner, to make necessary arrangements for delivery of the Prize. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us and the Sponsors processing your personal information for these purposes and sending you marketing information/newsletters.
• Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the organiser the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised. Then we reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any time and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered the Competition.
• The terms and conditions of this Competition shall be subject to the Laws of the Republic of South Africa.The Promoters of this Promotion will interpret the Rules in their sole discretion and reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time in accordance with the provisions contained in these Rules.
• By entering and participating in the Promotion, consumers agree that the Promoters may collect and process their personal information for purposes of this Promotion.
• Consumers’ details may be displayed on the website at www.defy.co.za.
• The Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, and any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Promotion.
• In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoters shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by entrants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoters shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights which the Promoters may have in terms of these rules, to immediately disqualify entrants from this Promotion. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any Reward, the consumers, users and/or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoters (including their subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates), their directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors (the “Promoters parties”):
– From and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a Reward, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a Reward-related activity.
• Consumers who, in the Promoters’ sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and shall not be eligible to receive any Reward.
• Additional to any other rights contained in the Promotion rules, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion at any time with immediate effect. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide a notice on the website and it shall be the responsibility of entrants to review such website in this respect. In such event, all consumers hereby waive any rights which they may have against any of the organiser parties and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the organiser parties.
• The Promoters are not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. Any Reward is accepted by a recipient at his/her own risk and the Promoters are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the Reward.
• The duration of this Promotion may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Promoters. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide notice of this on the website.
• The Promoter will not be held liable for any harm or consequential loss as a result of use of the Reward.
• If the consumer/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the Reward/s, or if the consumer/s unreasonably refuse/s to sign the entrant/s declaration and supply acceptance form, the consumer/s will be disqualified and will forfeit the Reward.
• The right of admission into the Promotion rests solely with the Promoters.
Exclusions and other important terms
• Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
• By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to, providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the reward.
• These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.