DEFYxFCB Terms and Conditions
Don’t miss out on your chance to score! Head to your nearest participating store today! See full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions for the Defy “Score a Trip to Barcelona with Defy” Promotion
The name of the Promotion is “Score a Trip to Barcelona with Defy”.
The Promotion commences 1 April 2018 and ends 30 June 2018.
1. The Promotion
- Any person participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) does so on acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd (“Defy”) and its subsidiaries are collectively referred to as the “Promoters” in respect of the Promotion for purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion will run from 1 April 2018 to 30 June 2018, after which date the Promotion will automatically lapse and no further entries will be accepted.
- This Promotion is open to all persons of the age 18 years or older and resident in South Africa, except employees and their immediate families of the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff.
2. The Entry Mechanism
- In order to enter the Promotion, consumers must purchase any Defy large appliance from a participating store during the promotional period.
- Participants must then dial *120*10101# and follow the prompts to enter.
- USSD line costs R0.60 per 60 seconds.
- Participants must retain till slips as proof of purchase.
- Only one entry per appliance is allowed.
- Only five (5) purchases allowed per person per month.
- If participants have bought more than five (5) qualifying appliances during one (1) month of the competition period and wish to enter more than those five (5) times, they may phone Cera-Lee on (031) 492 3290 to get their phone number unlocked for further entries. This will only be done upon proof of more than five (5) legitimate purchases.
- Winners will be randomly drawn from all valid entries received.
- The consumer’s entry will be withdrawn if any goods purchased in connection with the Promotion are returned by the consumer before the competition entry data file is extracted for purposes of doing the draw.
3. The Reward
- The main prize is a trip for 2 people (the winner plus 1) to Barcelona PLUS VIP Double Tickets to an FCB match in Barcelona, subject to the terms and conditions.
- There are 5 prizes being awarded during this promotion.
- Accommodation and flight bookings will only be confirmed once the match date has been confirmed.
- Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole, and are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Rewards cannot be exchanged for an alternative Reward and the decision is final; no negotiations will be entered into.
- Should the winner/s opt to extend the trip, the additional travel costs will be billed to the winner/s.
- Upon completion of the booking, an email confirmation will be sent to the customer with their booking details. This document must be presented when checking into the accommodation. The Promoter and its authorised agents cannot accept any liability for any failure to present proof of reservation by the customer when checking in, which may result in refusal to accept the reservation.
- Winners will be informed of requirements and costs prior to confirming their booking. On-site facilities are available as per the accommodation, although there is no guarantee these will be available all year round.
- All additional costs incurred during the stay (such as additional meals, drinks, activities etc. not covered by the Promoter), telephone calls, television/films and mini bar bills must be paid on departure at each accommodation. On arrival, the customer’s credit card details will be taken by the venue. All additional costs incurred (excluding costs covered by the Promoter) during the stay will be charged to this credit card when they check out.
4. Reward Package Inclusions
a. The winner’s travel package will include:
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Barcelona.
- Airport taxes.
5. Reward Package Exclusions
a. The winners’ travel packages will exclude:
- Costs of Visa’s and passports and applications thereof.
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, etc.).
- Travel insurance.
- Transportation (car hire, taxis, etc.) not listed in provided schedule.
- Travel to and from the airport in Johannesburg.
6. General terms
Without detracting in any way from the Promotion Rules, the following general provisions shall be applicable to these Rules.
- The Promoters of this Promotion will interpret the Rules in their sole discretion and reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time in accordance with the provisions contained in these Rules.
- By entering and participating in the Promotion, you agree that the Promoters may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this Promotion.
- The Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Promotion.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoters shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by entrants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoters shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights which the Promoters may have in terms of these rules, to immediately disqualify entrants from this Promotion. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any Reward, the entrants, users and/or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoters (including their subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates), their directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors (the “Promoters parties”):
- From and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a Reward, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a Reward-related activity.
- Entrants who, in the Promoters’ sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and shall not be eligible to win any Reward.
- Additional to any other rights contained in the Promotion rules, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion at any time with immediate effect. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide a notice on the website and it shall be the responsibility of entrants to review such website in this respect. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against any of the organiser parties and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the organiser parties.
- The Promoters are not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. Any Reward is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk and the Promoters are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the Reward.
- The duration of this Promotion may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Promoters. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide notice of this on the Website.
- The Promotion closes at 23:59 on 30 June 2018.
7. Exclusions and other important terms
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
- By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the reward.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.