Win an Exclusive FCB Bar Fridge Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Defy and Tafelberg Furnishers “Win an Exclusive FCB Bar Fridge” Promotion
The name of the Promotion is “Win an Exclusive FCB Bar Fridge”.
The Promotion commences 15 May 2018 and ends 1 July 2018.
1. The Promotion
- Any person participating in this promotion (“Promotion”) does so on acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd (“Defy”), Tafelberg Furnishers and their subsidiaries are collectively referred to as the “Promoters” in respect of the Promotion for purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion will run from 15 May 2018 to 1 July 2018, after which date the Promotion will automatically lapse and no further entries will be accepted.
- This Promotion is open to all persons of the age 18 years or older and resident in South Africa, except employees and their immediate families of the Promoters, the Promoters’ advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff.
2. The Entry Mechanism
- In order to enter the Promotion, consumers must purchase a Defy Side-by-Side Fridge/Freezer (DFF models only) from a participating Tafelberg Furnishers store during the promotional period.
- Entry is automatic upon completion of qualifying purchase.
- Participants must retain till slips as proof of purchase.
- No entries by post or any other form will be accepted.
- Only one entry per appliance is allowed.
- Winners will be randomly drawn from all valid entries received.
- The consumer’s entry will be withdrawn if any goods purchased in connection with the Promotion are returned by the consumer before the competition entry data file is extracted for purposes of doing the draw.
3. The Reward
- The Reward is 1 FCB Branded Bar Fridge.
- There are 11 prizes being awarded during this promotion.
- Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole, and are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Rewards cannot be exchanged for an alternative Reward and the decision is final; no negotiations will be entered into.
- Winners shall be notified by Tafelberg Furnishers via telephone and/or email. Participants must therefore ensure that the Promoters have their correct, updated details. If the winner cannot be contacted after sending three emails and/or three phone calls on three consecutive business days, the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will take place. /li>
4. General terms
Without detracting in any way from the Promotion Rules, the following general provisions shall be applicable to these Rules.
- The Promoters of this Promotion will interpret the Rules in their sole discretion and reserve the right to amend the Rules at any time in accordance with the provisions contained in these Rules.
- By entering and participating in the Promotion, you agree that the Promoters may collect and process your personal information for purposes of this Promotion.
- The Promoters, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with this Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates are not eligible to participate in or enter this Promotion.
- d. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoters will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoters shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure by entrants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoters shall be entitled, in addition to any other rights which the Promoters may have in terms of these rules, to immediately disqualify entrants from this Promotion. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any Reward, the entrants, users and/or winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoters (including their subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates), their directors, employees, agents, suppliers and contractors (the “Promoters parties”):
- From and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss, damage, expense, claim or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a Reward, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a Reward-related activity.
- Entrants who, in the Promoters’ sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Rules or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion and shall not be eligible to win any Reward.
- Additional to any other rights contained in the Promotion rules, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion at any time with immediate effect. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide a notice on the website and it shall be the responsibility of entrants to review such website in this respect. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against any of the organiser parties and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the organiser parties.
- The Promoters are not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. Any Reward is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk and the Promoters are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the Reward.
- The duration of this Promotion may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the Promoters. If this is the case, the Promoters will provide notice of this on the Website.
- The Promotion closes at 23:59 on 1 July 2018.
5. Exclusions and other important terms
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
- By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the reward.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.